Saturday 24 September 2016

Conkers and chocolate cake



A trip into town today confirmed that Autumn is here, besides the warm weather trying to hang on! There were loads of conkers on the main street in Cheltenham and lots of people picking them up. I can never resist picking up as many as a can find!


I especially love it when you see them picking out of their shells - just a little glimpse of what is inside - all shiny.


A favourite when we were children - a doubler! I may even look for an old shoelace and have a quick game of conkers!


I spent the afternoon practicing for my bake of again - taking the cake to be enjoyed with friends. Still not 100% right but I think one more practice and I will have the right combination. How have you spent your Saturday?



No comments:

Post a Comment